Albuquerque Burn Injury Lawyer
Burn injuries may occur due to a variety of circumstances and may cause permanent injuries to the victim. From minor first-degree burns to third-degree burns, these lasting injuries may impact your ability to live your day-to-day life as you did before your accident. Accidents caused by negligence are especially traumatic, as you should not have to pay for the losses you have incurred due to their actions.
At Dominguez Law, we are committed to helping you obtain the justice you deserve for the suffering you have endured in your Albuquerque burn injury accident. Attorney Paul M. Dominguez has multi-faceted legal experience and a dedication to litigation, devoted to providing you with compassionate and fierce representation so you may focus on recovery and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
How an Albuquerque Burn Injury Lawyer Can Help You
Burn injuries can cause lasting permanent damage and impact a victim’s day-to-day life. It is imperative to work alongside a burn injury attorney to protect your rights to obtain the maximum compensation you are entitled to. Without the skilled support of a seasoned lawyer at Dominguez Law, an insurance company may undervalue your claim, offer less than you deserve, or deny your claim for compensation.
In addition to fierce advocacy and legal guidance, your lawyer may take care of the following while you focus on recovery:
- Conducting a deliberate and thorough investigation into the cause of your accident
- Collecting necessary evidence that determines liability in connection with your burn injury
- Offering support and legal guidance at every step, so your best interests are protected
- Retaining subject-matter experts to advocate on your behalf
- Negotiating on your behalf with insurance companies
- Preparing and fighting for your case in trial, if necessary
Working with a seasoned Albuquerque burn injury lawyer may help you maximize your recovery and obtain the justice you deserve for another individual’s negligence. We handle all aspects of your claim so you may focus on your recovery and healing.
Who May Be Liable for Burn Injuries in Albuquerque?
There may be numerous parties that may be held responsible for the burn injuries you sustained in your accident. In Albuquerque, the person who directly caused your injuries is liable for paying damages.
The following parties may be held at fault for the suffering you have endured:
- Your employer
- A motor vehicle driver
- A product manufacturer
- A property or business owner
- A government entity
In Albuquerque, the burden of proof rests on the victim who endured damages due to another individual’s negligence. This means that with the help of an experienced lawyer at Dominguez Law, you may be able to conduct an investigation and gather evidence that determines failed duty of care.
How to Establish Liability for a Burn Injury in Albuquerque
Due to the severity of your burn injuries, the burden of proof may be stressful and overwhelming as you try to focus on healing and recovery. Establishing negligence requires the following proof:
- The at-fault party had a legal duty and obligation to exercise a reasonable duty of care.
- The responsible party violated their legal duty of care by acting recklessly or with omission.
- The violation of a duty of care directly caused or contributed to your substantial burn injuries.
- You suffered compensable damages due to their violation of a duty of care, such as financial losses, emotional suffering, and lost wages.
Negligence may be the cause of many types of burn injuries, such as distracted driving accidents or unsafe working conditions. An experienced Albuquerque lawyer may help you gather the necessary evidence to establish negligence in your burn injury accident.
Damages Recoverable in a Burn Injury Case
In a successful Albuquerque burn injury case, you may be entitled to compensatory damages to reimburse you for many types of substantial losses you have experienced. This may include economic and non-economic damages that may help you with future expenses related to your severe burn injuries.
Damages may include the following:
- Present and future medical and emergency care
- Cosmetic or cosmetic surgeries
- Ongoing medical care and medical devices
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Permanent injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Lost wages
- Loss of ability to work
- Physical pain
- Psychological trauma
- Emotional distress and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Death of a family member who passed from a burn injury
Punitive damages may also be awarded in instances where a negligent individual was grossly reckless or malicious in their actions caused by severe burn injuries and other losses. This is awarded to punish the responsible party and to ensure that they do not engage in similar acts in the future. Working with an experienced Albuquerque lawyer can help you obtain the fair, maximum compensation you deserve while focusing on your own recovery.
Speak With an Experienced Albuquerque Burn Injury Lawyer at Dominguez Law
At Dominguez Law, we are a tough litigating team in your corner, dedicated to recovering the maximum compensation you deserve for the suffering you have endured due to someone else’s negligence. We offer support and seasoned guidance through your entire legal process and protect your best interests in negotiations.
Attorney Paul M. Dominguez has broad legal experience and a fierce devotion to litigation providing clients compassionate and personal representation so they may obtain the justice they deserve. Call us today at (505) 317-9837 or contact us online for a free initial consultation. We also speak Spanish.