Albuquerque Bus Accident Lawyer
Albuquerque offers bus transportation to its residents, which you may use to get to work or school. While these are a valuable resource for many people, they can also be dangerous. According to the National Safety Council, 4,800 people in the United States sustained injuries related to bus accidents in 2020. These accidents can result from tired drivers, bad weather, or other irresponsible drivers.
No matter the circumstances, if you have sustained injuries in an Albuquerque bus accident through no fault of your own, you have the right to pursue compensation for your losses. Our bilingual lawyers at Dominguez Law may be able to manage every aspect of your case and work with you to obtain a successful outcome. These cases can be complex, so we are here to help you understand how to prove fault, what damages you may recover, and how else we can help.
Proving Fault in Albuquerque Bus Accidents
After a bus accident, it can be challenging to determine who may be at fault depending on the circumstances. Therefore, we suggest you take as many photos and videos of the scene as possible so you capture details in real time. A copy of the police report can also provide insight for who may be at fault. Potentially liable parties in a bus accident may include:
- Bus driver: If a bus driver was speeding, on their phone, driving while fatigued, or distracted, they could be responsible.
- Bus company: The bus company may be liable if they failed to train their employees or maintain their vehicles properly.
- Bus manufacturers: If a defective part caused the accident, that is out of the driver and company’s control. In this case, the manufacturer of the part may be responsible.
- Another driver, passenger, or pedestrian: Perhaps another driver caused the bus driver to crash, or a passenger on the bus distracted the driver. If another party caused the accident, they might be liable.
In addition to determining whose behavior caused the accident, you also have to prove the following:
- The defendant owed you a duty to comply with the standard of care.
- They failed to perform this duty.
- This failure caused your injuries.
- You suffered damages because of these injuries.
While carrying this burden of proof sounds intimidating, you do not have to do it alone. We may be able to listen to your story, gather details and other evidence, and curate the strongest case possible to prove another party’s negligence caused your injuries.
Potential Damages You Can Recover After an Albuquerque Bus Accident
Treating injuries and altering your lifestyle to accommodate them can be expensive. With the help of our experienced personal injury lawyers, we may be able to help you recover the following damages:
- Current and future medical bills or hospital costs
- Ambulance ride
- Lost wages and benefits from missed work
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Rehabilitation and treatment costs
- Mental anguish
- Reduced quality of life
- Prescription medications
When collecting damages, it is important to know that New Mexico is a comparative negligence state. Each party gets assigned a percentage of fault, which affects the damages they collect. For instance, if you only carry 20% of the fault, your damages will be reduced to 20%. We may work tirelessly to negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you do not receive an unfair fault percentage.
How an Albuquerque Bus Accident Lawyer Can Help With Your Claim
Every bus accident case is different, and depending on the circumstances of your claim, the details may be unclear. One of the best steps you can take after a bus accident is to contact a bus accident lawyer to help you manage the legal process, relieve your stress, and allow you to focus on recovery. Our seasoned bus accident attorneys may be able to support you in the following ways:
- Identifying an at-fault party
- Determining the worth of your case
- Negotiating with insurance companies
- Taking your case to court if necessary
- Interviewing witnesses
- Gathering important evidence like video footage and police reports
- Utilizing resources like accident reconstructionist and traffic specialists
- Answering your legal questions
We also offer free consultations, so we can review the situation and document essential details to build a strong case. Dealing with the aftermath of a bus accident is not easy, but we want to make the legal process as stress-free as possible. With our knowledgeable bus accident attorneys by your side, you can ensure you have trustworthy representation that will advocate for you.
Consult an Experienced Albuquerque Bus Accident Lawyer at Dominguez Law
While buses are a useful form of transportation, many factors can go wrong to cause an accident. If you have sustained injuries in a bus accident due to someone else’s negligence, you deserve top-notch representation that will fight for you and the compensation you deserve. At Dominguez Law, we are prepared to take on any case, no matter the circumstances.
With our years of compassionate and aggressive experience representing victims in the Albuquerque area, we have the skills, resources, and tools to tackle any bus accident case. We may be able to negotiate with insurance companies and settle your case out of court, but we can take your claim to trial if necessary. Our driven, Spanish-speaking lawyers do everything they can to achieve a fair settlement. To schedule a free consultation, call us at (505) 850-5854 or fill out our contact form.