Albuquerque Whiplash Injury Lawyers
Whiplash is an injury that occurs when the head snaps forward and backward sharply, during some sort of impact or sudden movement, causing the muscles in the neck to become strained. This injury is most frequently associated with rear-end auto collisions, but there are other causes of the condition. Such causes include physical abuse, sporting accidents, and sudden, unexpected stops. Whiplash injuries can be mild and easily treated with painkillers and rest, or they can be severe and require months of medical care and possibly surgery.
At Dominguez Law, we have worked with clients who have suffered whiplash injuries. If you are dealing with a whiplash injury, you’re probably unable to work, putting your financial situation at risk. This financial stress adds to the stress caused by your injuries. Our Albuquerque whiplash injury attorneys will help you with any issues relating to your injuries, including financial claims, pain and suffering, and medical expenses.
Long-Term Effects of Whiplash
Even the seemingly mildest forms of whiplash could have long-lasting consequences, and the more severe cases definitely do. Some lasting effects of whiplash include:
- Many people develop chronic neck pain that lasts for months or years after the initial whiplash injury. When neck muscles are damaged, they often become thicker when they heal. This thicker muscle isn’t as malleable, making your neck stiff and painful.
- People who suffer from whiplash have long-term reduced range of motion in their neck. Physical therapy will most likely be needed in order for them to regain full range of motion.
- Some people develop neurological issues as a result of their whiplash. Whiplash affects the ligaments of the spine and the neck. There could be increased pressure in areas, creating movement issues and other neurological issues around the body.
At Dominguez Law, we stress the importance of taking whiplash injuries very seriously to our clients.
Common Whiplash Symptoms to Recognize
Whiplash can have serious long-term consequences, especially if it is not caught and treated early enough or properly. Some of the symptoms you should look out for include the following:
- You start to get headaches after the accident.
- You notice a strange tingling in your hands or arms.
- You feel dizzy more often than usual.
- Your neck is stiff and painful.
- You are experiencing memory loss.
- It is difficult for you to concentrate.
- You suddenly have ringing in your ears, a condition known as tinnitus.
- You feel soreness around your upper back or shoulders.
Be aware that many whiplash injury victims often do not have any symptoms for days, weeks, or even months after the accident. See a doctor as soon as possible after an accident, even if you don’t have signs of whiplash yet. You will be able to recount to the doctor everything that happened in the accident because it is fresh on your mind. If signs of whiplash surface later, there is a better chance that it will be connected to the accident. You will need those injuries to be documented when you reach out for legal help.
When to File a Claim for a Whiplash Injury in Albuquerque
At Dominguez Law, we know that it is best for our clients to file a claim as quickly as possible after they sustain a whiplash injury. Take the following steps to make sure that your case isn’t delayed:
- See a doctor and have them prepare a detailed medical report that you will use when filing your claim. The doctor’s report will provide a detailed account of your injuries.
- Make a documented list of all of your expenses and losses relating to the whiplash injury. This includes any lost wages you’ve incurred due to an inability to work, medical bills and medication costs, doctor expenses, gas to get to the doctor’s office, etc.
All of the above information will help you later when it comes time to file a lawsuit. Our Albuquerque whiplash injury attorneys have experience helping clients gather the information they need to file a claim.
Contact the Albuquerque Whiplash Injury Attorneys at Dominguez Law Today
At Dominguez Law, we understand all too well the long-term medical and financial issues that come with a whiplash injury. Even with great medical care and rehab, you could experience losses that last for a long time while you heal. Our Spanish-speaking team has experience helping clients navigate the legal process, and our attorneys work hard so that our clients have the best chances of obtaining the compensation they deserve.
To schedule a free consultation, you can call (505) 317-9837 or fill out our contact form.