Albuquerque Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
A slip and fall accident can cause serious damage to your spine and back, even if you’ve experienced little or no pain up to that point. If this happens to you, reaching out for care immediately is crucial for preventing further issues that could arise from remaining inactive or untreated. Albuquerque slip and fall accident lawyers can help victims of falls who have been injured due to negligence. Here are some things to know about slip and fall lawsuits.
What Is a Slip and Fall Accident?
Slip and fall accidents are the result of dangerous, slippery conditions that arise out of carelessness or negligence. Slip and fall accidents can occur both inside and outside of buildings. You may slip on ice, snow, or other slippery substances while walking along a sidewalk, road, woods, or parking lot. An example of this is when you trip on a raised, uneven surface in a grocery store. A fall in which you are responsible for your own injuries is not considered a slip and fall accident.
The law typically considers slip and fall accidents to be the result of three factors:
- The presence of an unreasonably dangerous condition or substance that caused you to slip or trip.
- Negligence on the part of the owner or occupant that failed to ensure that the property was reasonably safe.
- You have been injured as a result of not being warned or prevented from stepping on reasonably known hazards.
When you are injured as a result of this neglect, the slip and fall lawyer’s job is to prove that the negligence was below what is acceptable or reasonable, or that the conditions were dangerous.
What Are Some of the Common Injuries Associated with Slips and Falls?
Slip and fall injuries can occur in a number of different ways and manifest differently for each individual. However, there are some common injuries that frequently occur:
- Slipped discs: Slip and falls can cause damage to the delicate discs that separate your spine.
- Broken bones: A fall onto hard ground can cause fractures in the arm, leg, or hip. The force of the fall can also cause injuries such as a broken arm, wrist, or hand.
- Head and brain injuries: When you fall and hit your head on a hard surface (such as concrete), you may suffer a brain injury. This can range from a mild concussion to damage to the brain stem and other serious injuries.
What Should I Do After a Slip and Fall Injury?
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, the injuries should be addressed as soon as possible to prevent further injury or complications. There are a number of different conditions that could arise from remaining inactive or untreated. Injuries to the spinal cord can cause problems in your everyday life, ranging from difficulty walking to long-term back pain. These injuries can worsen over time if not properly diagnosed and treated. Once you receive medical treatment, it can be a good idea to consult with a slip and fall attorney.
Contact Albuquerque Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys
If you have recently suffered an Albuquerque slip and fall accident, it’s important to know your rights. You are entitled to receive compensation for any injuries sustained. If you are not sure how the law might apply to your specific situation, consult with a qualified personal injury attorney today.
The Dominguez Law Firm will help gather evidence, set you up with an expert witness who can testify in your case, manage negotiations with the insurer, and represent your interests in court, if necessary. Contact us here or call 505-317-9837 to set up a free, no-obligation consultation. Se habla Español.