Albuquerque Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents can cause back injuries, neck injuries, broken bones, and other serious injuries. They may take a substantial amount of time to heal from and require pricey medical care and rehabilitation. Victims may slip and fall in areas such as sidewalks, businesses, or while at work. Poorly maintained environments can cause serious, lasting consequences for unsuspecting visitors.
If you have been injured in a terrible slip and fall accident due to a property manager’s or owner’s negligence, speak with an Albuquerque slip and fall accident lawyer for an assessment of your case.
What Is a Slip and Fall Accident?
Slip and fall accidents are the results of dangerous, slippery conditions that arise out of carelessness or negligence. Slip and fall accidents can occur in both private and public businesses. You may slip on ice, snow, uneven floors, or other slippery substances while walking along a sidewalk, inside the business, or parking lot. An example of this is when you trip on a raised, uneven surface in a grocery store or trip on exposed wiring.
The law typically considers slip and fall accidents to be the result of three factors:
- The presence of an unreasonably dangerous condition or substance that caused you to slip or trip.
- Negligence on the part of the owner or occupant that failed to ensure that the property was reasonably safe.
- You have been injured as a result of not being warned or prevented from stepping on reasonably known hazards.
When you are injured as a result of dangerous, poorly maintained conditions, the objective of a slip and fall lawyer is to prove that the negligence was below what is acceptable or reasonable or that the conditions were dangerous without your knowledge and contributed to your injuries.
What Are Some of the Common Injuries Associated with Slip and Falls?
Slip and fall injuries can occur in a number of different ways and manifest differently for each individual. However, there are some common injuries that frequently occur:
- Slipped discs: Slip and falls can cause damage to the delicate discs that separate your spine. This can take substantial rehabilitation or even surgery.
- Broken bones: A fall onto the hard ground can cause fractures in the arm, leg, or hip. The force of the fall can also cause injuries such as a broken arm, wrist, or hand.
- Head and brain injuries: When you fall and hit your head on a hard surface, you may suffer a brain injury. This can range from a mild concussion to damage to the brain stem and other serious injuries. This can affect motor and cognitive function long term.
Even if you do not experience any immediate pain, it is important to seek medical attention to ensure you did not incur a hidden injury.
What Should I Do after a Slip and Fall Injury?
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, the injuries should be addressed as soon as possible to prevent further injury or complications. There are a number of different conditions that could arise from remaining inactive or untreated. Injuries to the spinal cord can cause problems in your everyday life, ranging from difficulty walking to long-term back pain. These injuries can worsen over time if not properly diagnosed and treated. It is important, if you are able to do so, to take photographs of the area or dangerous condition that caused you to fall. You can also make an incident report to document the incident. Collecting as much evidence as you can once the incident occurred will help your attorneys prove the case in court. Of course, after you have received medical treatment, it can be a good idea to consult with a slip and fall attorney for possible compensation for your losses.
Contact Albuquerque Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys
If you have recently suffered an Albuquerque slip and fall accident, it is important to know your rights. You are entitled to receive compensation for any injuries sustained as a result of someone else’s negligence. If you are not sure how the law might apply to your specific situation, consult with a qualified personal injury attorney today.
The Dominguez Law Firm will help gather evidence, set you up with an expert witness who can testify in your case, manage negotiations with the insurer, and represent your interests in court, if necessary. Fill out our contact form or call (505) 317-9837 to set up a free, no-obligation consultation. Se habla Español.