Medical technology is always evolving, bringing hope and healing to countless people. Unfortunately, not every piece of medical equipment lives up to its promise, and when a medical device is malfunctioning, the consequences can be disastrous.
If you or a loved one has suffered as a result of a defective medical device in Albuquerque or the surrounding area, Dominguez Law may be able to help. Our Albuquerque defective medical device lawyers understand your grief and frustration, and with our aggressive yet compassionate legal representation, you can rest assured we are committed to seeking the justice you deserve.
Types of Defective Medical Device Cases We Handle In Albuquerque, New Mexico
At Dominguez Law, our Albuquerque defective medical device lawyers are well-equipped to handle a wide range of defective medical device cases. We understand the complexities of these types of disputes and are dedicated to obtaining justice for people who have suffered harm as a result of the negligence of medical device manufacturers and other at-fault parties.
Defective medical device cases we handle include, but are not limited to:
- Harmful Pharmaceuticals: We represent clients who have suffered negative reactions and injuries as a result of harmful pharmaceuticals or pharmaceutical products with insufficient warnings about possible adverse reactions.
- IVC Filters: Defective inferior vena cava (IVC) filters are used to stop blood clots, but when they go wrong, they can cause organ damage or other serious health problems.
- Faulty Implants: This group of cases includes those involving breast implants, knee replacements, hip implants, and other medical devices that may prematurely fail, result in infections, or cause other serious consequences.
- Joint Replacement Device Complications: Our Albuquerque defective medical device attorneys manage cases in which joint replacement devices, such as artificial hips and knees, cause harm or necessitate revision surgeries due to faults or failures.
- Defective Surgical Instruments: If you have been harmed as a result of faulty surgical instruments used during medical operations, we can help you seek compensation for your damages.
Regardless of what type of defective medical equipment caused you or your loved one to suffer injuries, at Dominguez Law, we will provide legal assistance, support, and aggressive representation every step of the way. Our Albuquerque defective medical device lawyers work hard to hold responsible parties accountable for defective medical devices and work diligently to get you the compensation you deserve for your damages.
Damages Available to Victims of Defective Medical Devices In Albuquerque
If you were a victim of a defective medical device, you may be entitled to several types of monetary damages to compensate you for the losses and suffering you had as a result of the malfunctioning device. The following sorts of damages may be available to victims of defective medical devices in Albuquerque:
- Medical Expenses: This includes the costs of medical treatments, surgeries, hospital stays, medication, rehabilitation, and any other medical services required to treat injuries caused by the defective product.
- Pain and Suffering: These damages pay you for your physical suffering, emotional discomfort, and mental agony as a result of the faulty medical device.
- Lost Wages: If your injuries from the defective medical device have caused you to miss work, you may be able to seek compensation for the wages you have missed while recovering.
- Future Earnings: If your injuries have resulted in lasting disabilities that will limit your capacity to work in the future, you may be entitled to compensation for the money you would have earned if the accident had not occurred.
- Loss of Consortium: If your injuries have severely harmed your connection with your partner, you may be able to seek compensation for the loss of companionship, affection, and support.
- Disability and Impairment: Compensation may be offered for any long-term disabilities or impairments caused by the faulty medical device, which can have an impact on your quality of life and capacity to conduct daily activities.
- Punitive Damages: Punitive damages may be paid in addition to compensatory damages in specific instances. Punitive damages are intended to punish the responsible party for their egregious conduct while also discouraging others from engaging in similar misbehavior.
- Wrongful Death: If someone you love died as a result of a defective medical device, surviving family members may be able to seek compensation for funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial support, and loss of companionship.
To fully understand the sorts of damages possible in your unique case, speak with an experienced Albuquerque defective medical device lawyer. A Dominguez Law Albuquerque defective medical device attorney can assist you in determining the amount of your injuries and losses, as well as fight for your right to obtain justice for the damages you have suffered.
Seek Legal Advice Following Injuries Caused by a Defective Medical Device
At Dominguez Law, our Albuquerque defective medical device attorneys combine the three important pillars of effective legal practice: experience, knowledge, and an unshakable dedication to our clients. When you choose Dominguez Law, you can be confident that your well-being is our top priority.
Contact us today to set up a free consultation to begin discussing your legal options. We also offer our services in both English and Spanish. Call (505) 850-5854 or fill out our contact form to get started.