Being the passenger in a motorcycle accident can leave victims with injuries and a long road to recovery. Even though you were not the driver, you still have the right to file a personal injury claim to pursue justice for your losses after a motorcycle crash. To ensure that you have a strong case, contact a New Mexico motorcycle accident lawyer today.
Dominguez Law is a personal injury law firm helping clients in New Mexico who have been the passengers on motorcycles when an accident occurred. With our personal and compassionate service, we can help guide clients through each step of the claims process to ensure that the liable party who caused the accident is held responsible for their actions.
Can You Pursue Damages as a Passenger in a Motorcycle Accident?
Some people may wrongfully assume that because they were not the driver, they have no right to pursue legal action after being injured in a motorcycle accident. However, this is not the case. Passengers in motorcycle accidents have just as much right to file a claim and get justice after suffering harm in the crash.
To ensure you get justice and the liable party is held responsible for their negligence, you can file a personal injury claim. The damages you may be eligible to collect as the passenger in a motorcycle accident include the following:
- Medical Expenses: After a motorcycle accident, victims often suffer injuries that require extensive recovery to allow them to heal and get back to their regular life. This may result in costly medical bills, surgeries, or medications. Victims should be compensated for the cost of medical care relating to their injuries resulting from the motorcycle crash.
- Lost Wages: Victims of motorcycle accidents may be unable to work while they recover from their injuries. As a result, they should be compensated for all present and future wages they may lose as a result of the negligence of the at-fault party.
- Property Damage: If a victim’s property was at all damaged in the accident, they should be compensated for the cost to repair or replace it.
- Pain and Suffering: Being injured in a motorcycle crash can be emotionally and physically distressing. Victims should be compensated for the pain and suffering they have had to endure.
To ensure you get the fair compensation you deserve following a motorcycle accident in which you were the passenger, it is important to have the help of a legal professional. A personal injury lawyer can help you calculate how much your claim may be worth. They can also negotiate with your insurance provider to make sure you get justice for the losses you have suffered as a result of the other party’s negligence.
Can a Passenger In a Motorcycle Accident Hold the Negligent Party Liable?
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you have the right to hold the at-fault party responsible regardless of whether you were the driver or a passenger. To prove liability in your motorcycle accident case, you must be able to provide evidence of the four factors of negligence. These factors are as follows:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care
- The at-fault party breached that duty of care
- The breach of duty is what led to the accident and your injuries
- You suffered losses as a result
To get help gathering the key evidence you will need to prove liability in your motorcycle accident case, retain the help of a trusted New Mexico lawyer today.
Build a Strong New Mexico Motorcycle Accident Claim Today
Dominguez Law is a New Mexico law firm with experience providing legal counsel to all victims of motorcycle accidents. It does not matter whether you were the driver or passenger, if you were injured due to another party’s negligence, you deserve justice.
Our team of personal injury lawyers is dedicated to fighting for your rights by helping you build a strong claim. To schedule a free consultation with one of our compassionate and aggressive motorcycle accident lawyers, contact us here or call (505) 850-5854. Our team also speaks Spanish.