Each time a person gets behind the wheel of their car, they run the risk of being involved in a car accident. Even the safest and most experienced drivers may become car accident victims when a negligent party is involved. Unfortunately, car accident victims are often left with damaging and life-altering injuries. If you have been injured in a car accident in New Mexico, you deserve justice for the losses you have suffered.
Dominguez Law is a car accident injury law firm helping clients in New Mexico pursue the justice and fair compensation they deserve for their injuries and losses. Our team of bilingual car accident lawyers has the knowledge to help you build a strong injury claim as you recover from your injuries.
11 Most Common Injuries Suffered by Car Accident Victims in New Mexico
Car accidents are one of the most common types of personal injury accidents. Often occurring as a result of driver negligence, car accidents often leave victims with damaging injuries and a long road to recovery. Many people assume that they may only pursue compensation for physical injuries after a car accident, but that is not the case. Car accident victims should file a claim to get justice for all physical, emotional, and mental injuries they have suffered due to the at-fault party’s actions. Some of the most common injuries suffered by car accident victims in New Mexico include:
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, and spine injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Crushed limbs
- Loss of limbs
- Severe burns
- Cuts and lacerations
- Internal injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Regardless of the severity of your injuries, you have the legal right to file a car accident injury claim to get the compensation you are owed to rectify the losses you have suffered. To get help with your claim, contact a trusted car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Car accidents can occur as a result of many different causes. However, car accidents are most commonly caused by driver negligence. Some common examples of driver negligence that have led to damaging car accidents in New Mexico are:
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving or road rage
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Inexperienced drivers
- Driving while drowsy
- Swerving in and out of lanes
Regardless of what caused your New Mexico car accident, if you have suffered injuries, you may be eligible to collect the following damages for your losses:
- Medical expenses: Car accident victims should be compensated for any costly medical bills they have had to pay as a result of their injuries and recovery process.
- Lost wages: Many victims are unable to work following a car accident and should be compensated for the wages they have lost out on as a result.
- Lost earning potential: Car accident victims should be compensated for any future wages they may lose out on as a result of their injuries.
- Property damage: If a car accident victim’s property has been damaged, the at-fault party should pay to have the property repaired or fixed.
- Pain and suffering: Victims should receive compensation for all pain and suffering they endured as a result of the accident.
If you are unsure what damages you may be eligible to collect, consult a knowledgeable car accident lawyer who may be able to help by going over the details of your claim.
Contact a New Mexico Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been involved in a car accident, you deserve to be fairly compensated for the injuries and losses you suffered as a result of another party’s negligence. When you work with a trusted New Mexico car accident lawyer, you may be able to pursue damages for any medical expenses, property damage, or other losses.
Dominguez Law is a New Mexico car accident law firm that is proud to provide our clients with the compassionate legal service and aggressive representation they deserve. Our team of trusted lawyers speak both English and Spanish and are dedicated to helping all of our clients get the fair compensation they deserve. To schedule a free consultation, contact us here or call (505) 317-9837.