Choosing the right New Mexico personal injury attorney may make a significant impact on your personal injury case. Not only do they offer skilled legal guidance throughout the entirety of the legal process, but they are also fierce advocates in fighting for the maximum compensation you deserve.
How do you know when a personal injury lawyer will offer the support you need or is uniquely qualified to obtain the most favorable outcome for you? To best navigate how to choose the right New Mexico personal injury attorney, consider the tips below.
4 Tips for Choosing the Right New Mexico Personal Injury Attorney
When a severe or catastrophic injury impacts your day-to-day life due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to seek legal action to ensure your ability to attain a full recovery as you undergo necessary medical treatment and other life changes to get back on your feet. By hiring an experienced New Mexico personal injury lawyer, you have comprehensive support and guidance as you navigate this difficult time.
The following are four tips for choosing the right New Mexico personal injury attorney:
1. Assess Their Expertise and Experience
Experience is everything. The number of successful personal injury cases your New Mexico lawyer has taken on, the more expertise they will have in navigating the complexities, obstacles, or complications that may arise.
Consider the following questions when retaining the help of an experienced New Mexico personal injury lawyer:
- Is personal injury one of the primary practice areas they concentrate on?
- How many years has the attorney and law firm been handling these types of cases?
- Does the attorney have extensive trial experience?
- Are they well-respected in the personal injury law community?
- Do they have experience representing the specific type of case you are dealing with?
As a skilled, well-versed personal injury lawyer with ample cases in the type of personal injury you have suffered, Attorney Paul M. Dominguez has years of experience garnering exceptional results for New Mexico clients severely impacted by negligence.
2. Consider Their Proven Success Record for Similar Cases
Many personal injury lawyers in New Mexico may have ample experience in personal injury cases, but not all of them have a proven record of success. The best personal injury lawyers have successfully obtained justice on the behalf of their clients without lowball settlements. Additionally, some lawyers may not have successful trial experience, which may be essential in cases of severe injury.
Consider these questions when retaining the help of a skilled personal injury lawyer:
- Have they consistently recovered successful settlements and verdicts for clients affected by personal injury?
- Do they have experience winning cases involving catastrophic injuries and even wrongful death claims, not just accidents involving minor injuries?
- Do they have any awards or recognitions for their successes?
A New Mexico personal injury lawyer’s proven track record of success may be a good indication of the representation and fierce advocacy they will be able to provide for your case.
3. Evaluate Testimonials and Engagement With You
Pay close attention to their client testimonials and their engagement with you during your initial consultation. The attorney-client relationship is imperative to the success of your case. In this difficult time, you want to ensure that there is open communication between you and your lawyer and that you can trust them to obtain the justice you are owed.
Consider the following questions when first meeting with your personal injury lawyer:
- Are they open to answering any questions you have?
- Are they friendly, courteous, and professional?
- Are they strong communicators and explain things clearly?
- Are they willing to accommodate your needs?
- Do they seem personable and caring about your needs?
Having a positive personal and professional relationship with your personal injury lawyer is essential. You want to ensure that you feel adequately supported and understand your legal options every step of the way.
4. Take Your Time to Understand Your Lawyers Payment Model
Ensure that you are able to fully understand your New Mexico personal injury lawyer’s payment model and that there is no confusion about what is your payment responsibility.
Questions to consider may include:
- Do they offer a free initial consultation?
- Do they work on a contingency-fee-basis?
- Are they willing to cover any costs before your settlement or verdict?
At Dominguez Law, we offer free consultations in order to assess your claim and determine your best legal options. We put our clients first and are available on the weekends to offer case evaluation, support, and legal advice.
Why Work With a New Mexico Personal Injury Lawyer at Dominguez Law?
At Dominguez Law, we handle all aspects of your personal injury claim so you can focus on your recovery. The following are ways we may be able to help the success of your case:
- Conduct investigations into the accident that caused your injury
- Obtain and evaluate persuasive evidence that may benefit your case
- Build a solid case on your behalf
- Fiercely advocate for the justice you deserve
- Handle all negotiations with insurance companies
- Offer knowledgeable legal guidance and support
- Prove the elements of negligence
- Take your case to trial, if necessary
Speak to an experienced New Mexico personal injury lawyer at Dominguez Law for a complimentary assessment of your case. We will offer you knowledgeable legal guidance and determine your best steps forward.
Speak With a Skilled New Mexico Personal Injury Lawyer at Dominguez Law
At Dominguez Law, we passionately advocate for you if you have been substantially injured due to someone else’s negligence. We take our time getting to know you, gather the necessary evidence to determine the number of liable parties involved, and determine the compensation you may be owed.
The legal team at Dominguez Law understands that you should not have to pay for the careless actions of others, and we will fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. Call us today at (505) 317-9837, or fill out our contact form. We also speak Spanish.