Albuquerque Negligent Security Attorney
Negligent security refers to the failure of a property owner or manager to provide reasonable security measures to protect individuals on their property from foreseeable harm. Examples of negligent security can include inadequate lighting, malfunctioning security cameras, broken locks, insufficient security personnel, or failure to properly screen and monitor employees. If you were injured due to negligent security, speak with an experienced Albuquerque negligence security lawyer for an assessment of your claim.
At Dominguez Law, we know that accidents involving negligent security can arise on various types of properties, such as shopping centers, apartments, hotels, and schools. With skilled representation, our negligent security attorneys in Albuquerque fight for victims who have suffered harm as a result of property owner negligence to obtain the compensation they deserve for financial, emotional, and physical losses.
Liability in a Negligent Security Accident
In Albuquerque, liability in a negligent security accident can depend on multiple factors, such as the specific circumstances of the incident and the nature of the property where the incident occurred. Generally, owners or occupiers of the premises owe a duty of care to their customers, tenants, or visitors to provide reasonably safe conditions and protect them from foreseeable harm, such as criminal activity.
If a property owner or occupier fails to fulfill this duty by providing inadequate security measures or failing to respond appropriately to known security risks, they may be liable for injuries or damages resulting from a criminal act on their property. For example, if a hotel owner fails to provide adequate lighting, surveillance, or security personnel in areas where guests are likely to be at risk of assault and a guest is subsequently assaulted, the owner may be liable for negligence.
However, determining liability in a negligent security case can be complex and may require the legal knowledge of an experienced Albuquerque negligent security lawyer. At Dominguez Law, our negligent security attorneys in Albuquerque are well-versed in New Mexico’s laws and regulations regarding premises liability and will help you understand your legal options and potential legal remedies if you have been injured due to negligent security.
How to Prove Security Negligence
Proving security negligence in Albuquerque can be challenging, but there are several key steps you can take to support your claim and demonstrate liability, including the following:
- Document the incident: It is essential to document the incident as soon as possible, including taking pictures or videos of the scene and any injuries and collecting information from eyewitnesses. This evidence can help establish the conditions at the time of the incident and show how security measures were inadequate or negligent.
- Gather evidence of prior incidents: If there have been similar incidents or security concerns in the past, gather evidence of these incidents and show that the property owner knew or should have known of the potential danger and failed to take adequate steps to prevent future incidents.
- Review security policies and procedures: Obtain copies of the property’s security policies and procedures and compare them to industry standards and best practices. If the property’s policies are inadequate or not followed, this can demonstrate negligence on the part of the property owner.
- Retain an expert witness: An expert witness in security practices can provide testimony regarding whether the property owner met reasonable standards for security and whether their failure to do so was negligent.
- Consult an experienced negligent security lawyer: An experienced negligent security lawyer can help navigate the legal process, gather vital evidence, build a strong case to prove security negligence, and seek compensation for your injuries.
Providing security negligence requires a thorough understanding of New Mexico’s laws and regulations regarding premises liability. At Dominguez Law, we will handle all aspects of your case, including proving property owner negligence, while you focus on your recovery.
Recoverable Damages in a Negligent Security Claim
If you have been injured in a negligent security incident in Albuquerque, you may be entitled to recover economic and non-economic damages, including the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damages
- Punitive damages
The amount and type of damages that may be available in a successful negligent security claim can vary depending on the circumstances of your case. Consult an experienced negligent security lawyer who can help you understand your legal rights to seek compensation for your injuries and losses.
Speak With the Negligent Security Lawyers at Dominguez Law
A negligent security incident can have serious and lasting consequences, including physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial losses. At Dominguez Law, our compassionate and aggressive personal injury lawyers can help you navigate the complex legal process, negotiate with insurance companies, and advocate on your behalf in court if necessary.
Our negligent security attorneys in Albuquerque provide guidance and support every step of the way, helping you focus on your recovery while we fight for your legal rights. Schedule a complimentary consultation by calling (505) 850-5854 or filling out a contact form. We are fluent in English and Spanish.