Being involved in an accident that has left you with injuries can make you feel helpless. As the bills pile up for medical expenses or property damage, it can feel like you are drowning as a result of another party’s negligence. To avoid having to pay for the injuries you have suffered at the hands of another, your next step should be to file a personal injury claim. While going through the personal injury claims process, you may be wondering how much your case is worth.
Dominguez Law is a personal injury law firm helping clients in New Mexico pursue the justice and fair compensation they deserve for their injuries and losses. Our team of bilingual lawyers have the knowledge to help you understand how much your personal injury case may be worth by going over the specific details of your losses.
What Compensation Can You Collect From a Personal Injury Claim?
After being injured in a personal injury accident, victims are often left with severe injuries that may result in costly expenses. When another party’s negligence causes an accident, you should not have to be the one to foot the bill for your own injuries.
When you file a personal injury claim, you have the right to pursue compensation for the losses you have suffered as a result of the accident. No two personal injury cases are identical, so the amount a person is compensated will be different on a case-by-case basis. While there is no set amount of compensation you should expect to receive, a personal injury lawyer may be able to help you calculate how much you can expect in damages based off the following:
- Medical expenses: If you have been badly injured as a result of a personal injury accident, you may have a long road to recovery. Accident victims should be compensated for any costly medical bills they have had to pay as a result of their injuries and recovery process such as doctors visits or costly treatments.
- Lost wages: Many victims are unable to work following an accident and should be compensated for the wages they have lost out on as a result.
- Lost earning potential: Accident victims should be compensated for any future wages they may lose out on as a result of their injuries.
- Property damage: If a personal injury accident victim’s property has been damaged, the at-fault party should pay to have the property repaired or fixed.
- Pain and suffering: Victims should receive compensation for all pain and suffering they endured as a result of an accident.
If you are unsure what damages you may be eligible to collect, consult a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer who may be able to help by going over the details of your claim. Not only can your personal injury lawyer help you calculate the amount in damages you may be owed, they may also be able to help you negotiate fair compensation when going up against the aggressive tactics of insurance companies.
Get Help From a New Mexico Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you have been involved in a personal injury accident, you deserve to be fairly compensated for the injuries and losses you suffered as a result of another party’s negligence. When you work with a trusted New Mexico personal injury lawyer, you may be able to pursue damages for any medical expenses, property damage, or other losses you have incurred.
Dominguez Law is a New Mexico personal injury law firm that is proud to provide our clients with the dedicated legal service and aggressive representation they deserve. Our team of trusted lawyers speak both English and Spanish and are passionate about helping all of our clients get the fair compensation they deserve. To schedule a free consultation, contact us here or call (505) 317-9837.