Personal Injury Lawyer in Rio Rancho
Accidents can arise from various circumstances, the results of which may be life-changing. Property damage, bodily injury, and other adverse effects can arise from car collisions and other types of accidents. In 2020 alone, over 200,000 preventable accident-related deaths occurred, and 55.4 million people sought medical care after a preventable accident.
If you have recently endured varying damages in an accident because of another’s negligence, you may file a claim and be eligible to receive total compensation for your losses. At Dominguez Law Firm, our skilled attorney understands that no two cases are the same, and we are eager to help you navigate your claim toward a successful outcome.
Dominguez Law Handles Varying Personal Injury Claims in the Rio Rancho Community
When accidents occur, it is not uncommon to have questions and need legal support throughout the recovery process. Our experienced legal team at Dominguez Law brings years of experience and dedication to our client’s injury cases in the Rio Rancho community. We have seen the severity, effects, and life-changing results of accidents involving negligence.
Types of personal injury cases we may represent within the Rio Rancho community include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability
- Nursing home abuse
- Wrongful death
Accidents and injuries may result from:
- Negligent acts such as failing to treat a patient or neglecting to repair a car properly.
- Reckless acts such as drunk driving, street racing, speeding, and other traffic violations.
- Intentional harm or abuse, such as violent acts or nursing home abuse.
No matter the case, our legal team provides experienced and skilled legal advice for injured clients and families of the deceased. Handling an injury case independently or accepting a low settlement may cause you to lose out on the total compensation you deserve from the responsible party. As a seasoned legal team in New Mexico, we have built the necessary credibility and trust within the Rio Rancho community. We are eager to help you by taking the necessary steps to file an injury claim.
How Is Liability Determined in a New Mexico Injury Case?
Every accident case differs in who is held liable for an accident victim’s injuries. Based on the nature of the accident and other factors, liability can fall on any person or company that failed to uphold a duty of care.
One or more parties may share responsibility depending on the circumstances surrounding an accident. For example, multi-car collisions, slip-and-fall accidents, and workplace accidents may have originated due to multiple people’s negligent or careless acts. Other times, the injured person may have some liability in a case if they were negligent of their safety in some way.
Possible liable parties in varying injury cases include:
- Traffic accidents: A passenger car driver, truck driver, repair company, car parts manufacturer, drunk or reckless driver, or other parties may share liability.
- Product liability: A manufacturer, company, seller, retailer, distributor, or other party involved may have played a role in the injuries and damage endured.
- Nursing home abuse: The long-term care facility, employee, nurse, or other medical professional may be liable for any injuries.
- Slip-and-falls: The company, store manager, municipality, or other parties may be responsible for the accident.
- Medical malpractice: Medical groups, hospitals, doctors, and personnel may share liability for a patient’s injuries and endured harm.
Determining liability in an injury case may be challenging because of the circumstances involved. In New Mexico, determining fault is essential in an injury claim because it widely affects the amount of compensation one may receive. Under the comparative negligence rule, one or multiple parties may be held liable, and the injured party is only eligible to receive compensation for the amount of negligence the other party holds in a claim. At Dominguez Law Firm, we may collect evidence and reconstruct an accident to solidify the proof in your case.
Types of Compensation You May Recover for Accident-Related Injuries and Damage
Collisions, falls, crashes or other injury-causing accidents may affect every victim differently. The adverse effects of any accident often cause substantial life changes and require short- or long-term recoveries. Depending on the extent of bodily harm in an accident, some victims may walk away with mild injuries, and other cases involve permanent damage or fatal results.
Common injuries accident victims may endure in traumatic events include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Broken or fractured bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Lacerations or burns
- Limb loss or amputations
- Eye or facial injuries
- Permanent disability
- Fatal injuries
- Mental and emotional damage
Compensable damages you may recover after an accident might include:
- Non-economic damages: Pain and suffering, emotional and mental distress, inconvenience, loss of companionship, and other non-monetary losses.
- Economic damages: Loss of wages, income, employment, medical expenses, rehabilitation or therapy, and future costs pertaining to accident-related injuries.
- Punitive damages: Only awarded in some instances as a means of punishment on the negligent party for their wrongdoing.
In New Mexico, every injured person has a right to file a claim and seek compensation to recover from the damages a negligent party caused. No one should live with the traumatic effects and results of another person’s wrongdoing. By partnering with an injury attorney, many find relief with their compensation and alleviated financial hardships. No matter the compensable damages you may need to recover, our dedicated attorney may review your case and navigate your claim for a just settlement.
Why Should I Partner With an Attorney for My Injury Claim?
If you have recently endured injuries from a preventable accident, you may be wondering how partnering with a lawyer may help your claim and benefit you in your recovery period. An attorney with experience specializing in car accidents, defective product cases, medical malpractice, or the type of case you have may benefit your case result differently.
The benefits of hiring an attorney for your personal injury case include:
- A skilled attorney may negotiate a better settlement
- Lawyers have solid legal defense and knowledge of the law
- You may recover total compensation in an injury settlement
- An attorney may help you avoid errors and mistakes throughout the process
- Legal teams have vital resources and expert partnerships that may benefit your case
- Your attorney protects your rights in an injury case
Every case differs in liability, evidence, the extent of injuries, and compensable damages. With a client-centered approach, our legal team excels at communicating and navigating throughout the injury claim process. If you seek compensation as an eligible family member of the deceased in a fatal accident, you may benefit from the support and case handling of our seasoned wrongful death attorney.
Contact Dominguez Law Firm for a Spanish-Speaking Personal Injury Attorney in Rio Rancho, NM
Many people suffer significant injuries yearly throughout the United States because of careless acts. Seeking justice through an injury claim for car accidents, slip-and-falls, nursing home abuse, defective products, and other personal injury cases may help you recover. Our attorney is a reputable and trustworthy personal injury specialist at Dominguez Law Firm. We are eager to continue providing vital legal resources and advocate for the injured in the Rio Rancho community.
If you have recently suffered injuries and varying damages because of another’s negligence, you may seek legal help. Complete a contact form or call us at (505) 850-5854 to speak with our compassionate legal team.
Se habla Español.