Los Alamos Car Accident Lawyer
If you have sustained personal injuries in a car accident through no fault of your own, you deserve top-notch representation that will build a strong claim and fight for your rights. With our passionate and dedicated car accident lawyers at Dominguez Law by your side, you can focus on your recovery while we advocate for full compensation for your losses. With years of experience serving the Los Alamos area, you can trust us to handle your case with the utmost care and respect.
Regardless of the scope and circumstances of your claim, we can take on any challenge. We have worked on all types of car accident cases using our trusted and effective litigation skills. Our goal is to seek justice so you can achieve a successful outcome. Due to the complex nature of car accident claims, we can help you fully understand your case and support you from start to finish.
Understanding Fault in New Mexico Car Accident Claims
Car accidents often happen quickly, so you may not know who is responsible for the crash. Our professional car accident lawyers will handle every aspect of your claim, including determining an at-fault party and proving their negligence caused your injuries. Potentially liable parties in car accidents include the following:
- Another driver: Another driver could be responsible if they disobeyed traffic laws, drove recklessly, or drove under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Pedestrian: If a pedestrian neglects to obey traffic signals, walks into traffic, or does not give drivers enough time to stop, they may be liable.
- Manufacturer: Perhaps a defective part caused the accident. In this case, the manufacturer may be responsible.
- Property owner or government agency: Property owners are responsible for keeping their roads safe and free of debris. Therefore, if poor road conditions caused the accident, the property owner, which may be a government agency, could be liable.
After identifying an at-fault party, we can also help you gather and analyze evidence that proves they neglected their duty of care and directly caused your injuries. After the accident, you can take the following steps to protect your rights and strengthen your case:
- Take pictures and videos of the scene and your injuries
- Seek immediate medical attention
- Document any exchanged information
- Write down witness information
- Journal about your experience with your injuries and they have impacted your life
We can also obtain important documents, like medical records, police reports, witness testimony, and video camera footage to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Potentially Recoverable Damages After a Los Alamos Car Accident
After sustaining injuries in a car accident, you may worry about treatment costs and other accommodations. With the help of a highly-skilled car accident lawyer at Dominguez Law, you can have a better chance of receiving a fair settlement, which may include the following damages:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages from missed work
- Loss of working ability
- Property damage
- Ambulance fee
- Pain and suffering
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Punitive damages
While some of these damages, like wages and medical bills, are simple to calculate, others, like pain and suffering, tend to be more complicated. Our knowledgeable car accident lawyers understand how to determine your case’s worth properly so that you can recover full compensation for your injuries and avoid settling for an unfair result.
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help With Your New Mexico Car Accident Claim?
Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be overwhelming, and you deserve time to focus on recovery instead of worrying about filing your claim. With the help of our passionate car accident lawyers, you can prioritize your healing while we handle every aspect of your case, including the following:
- Answering all your legal questions
- Negotiating with insurance companies
- Listening to your story during your free consultation
- Utilizing resources like medical professionals and financial experts
- Interviewing witnesses
- Building a strong claim with solid evidence
- Filing your claim on time and properly
- Providing consistent, open communication
- Taking your case to trial if necessary
According to New Mexico Statutes Annotated Section 37-1-8, car accident victims have three years to file their claims. While this may seem like a long time, delays can get in the way, and it can be challenging to handle the process on your own. Fortunately, our attorneys are here to help you file your claim on time so you do not miss your opportunity to achieve just compensation.
Contact a Trustworthy Los Alamos Car Accident Lawyer at Dominguez Law Today
After a car accident, your health and recovery should be your top priority instead of taking on the legal process. Our caring, Spanish-speaking car accident lawyers at Dominguez Law can help you build a strong claim and manage your entire case, making the process less stressful. We have worked on all types of car accident claims, so you can rely on us to take on any challenge effectively and successfully.
We have proudly served the Los Alamos area for several years and have provided victims with compassionate and aggressive strategies tailored to their needs. We always put your needs first by creating personalized plans for your claim. Our founder, Paul M. Dominguez, is devoted to unmatched litigation techniques that ensure you receive a fair settlement. To schedule a free consultation, call (505) 850-5854 or fill out our contact form.