After suffering a car accident, you may have several concerns on your mind. From car repairs to injuries to liability, your world can be turned upside-down in an instant. Medical bills, time off of work, and repair expenses can also leave victims with financial challenges long after the accident. You may be wondering if and when you should get a lawyer involved.
Thankfully, under New Mexico law, victims of accidents have the right to be compensated for any harm done as the result of the negligence of another. This means that individuals have the right to pursue fair and full compensation after an accident in which they sustained losses. Many people may feel that they can pursue these claims on their own, but there are few reasons why that might not be such a good idea.
Why You Should Hire an Accident Attorney in New Mexico
Most people know that they need to make an insurance claim after an accident, but if you have never been in this position before, you may not know your rights or what steps you need to take. An experienced accident attorney can help:
- Investigate the accident. Sometimes car accidents are pretty straight-forward, but other times they are complex and require investigation to determine fault. Your lawyer will be able to conduct an independent, detailed investigation into the crash so that you have the evidence needed to file your claim.
- Communicate with all parties involved. Once you hire an attorney, they will send letters of representation to creditors, insurance companies, and others. This means that these parties will need to go through your lawyer to get to you, so any questions they have can be answered by telling them to speak with your lawyer.
- Accurately assess injuries. Insurance companies don’t like to consider future ramifications of injuries, but personal injury attorneys work with medical personnel to determine any potential costs associated with the injuries, like lost wages or medical expenses.
- Prepare for a lawsuit. Filing for a case is hard, but proving a case is even harder. Lawyers that specialize in accidents have knowledge that you don’t, allowing them to navigate the legal system for you, prevent errors, and represent your interests in court.
- Negotiate a settlement. Insurance adjusters are negotiating experts that will fight vigorously for the insurance company’s best interests. Attorney Paul M. Dominguez has years of experience in negotiating with these adjusters and ensures victims receive maximum compensation for their cases.
- Obtain greater reparations for your damages. Studies suggest that people who have suffered an injury due to an accident caused by the negligence of another party acquire 3.5 times more in settlement compensation when they hire legal representation.
When you work with a qualified accident attorney, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that someone is on your side fighting for you and ensuring that you’re not being taken advantage of, allowing you to refocus your efforts on your recovery.
Hire a Top-Rated Accident Attorney in New Mexico
Often, the most effective way to protect your rights is through litigation. Partnering with Dominguez Law is the easiest way to maximize compensation for your accident. Our team of experienced attorneys are skilled in traversing negotiations with insurance adjusters and will fight tirelessly to protect your rights in the courtroom.
Nobody should have to suffer financial consequences because of another person’s actions. We advocate for families all across New Mexico in times of crisis and your suffering will not go unnoticed. Let us fight for you. Call (505) 317-9837 or complete our contact form to schedule a free consultation today.